Super easy energy balls for a tasty snack on-the-go. This Dairy-free, Gluten-free and Paleo recipe is made with cashew nuts, medjool dates and cacao powder.
These tasty little treats are perfect when you need a quick energy boost. I take them out with me when I go walking, as an alternative to cereal bars. They are so simple to make that I don’t really have any additional advice – except to say that it’s absolutely obligatory that you lick the mixing bowl clean afterwards (although once you have had a little taste of the mixture, you won’t need me to tell you that)!
- 1 cup (150g) cashew nuts
- 150g medjool dates (about 8), pitted
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup (50g) raisins
- 4 – 5 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- Put the cashew nuts into the small bowl of a food processor and pulse until chopped into small pieces. Add the dates and raw cacao powder and blitz to a paste. If the mixture needs loosening up, add a tablespoon of water at a time and try blitzing again. When finished, stir in the raisins.
- Scatter a couple of tablespoons of the desiccated coconut at a time over a chopping board. Use wet hands to form the dough into balls (this will help mitigate against the stickiness). Once formed, roll the balls over the desiccated coconut until evenly coated. Scatter more desiccated coconut over the board when required. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Dried Fruit Bakes